DEL HOVDEN – YOUR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA ATTORNEY
FIGHTING FOR YOU AFTER A ROADWAY DESIGN ACCIDENT
WE HELP THOSE INJURED ON DEFECTIVE ROADS
The infrastructure throughout Southern California is crumbling. Roads throughout the region are in severe disrepair. A large number of accidents occur in part or altogether due to negligence and major defects in the roadway design and maintenance. If you believe your car or truck accident was due to a poorly maintained road or a defective roadway, call us immediately to get the assistance and representation of an experienced personal injury attorney on your case.
With decades of experience, our lawyers at Moss Hovden are experts at handling cases where serious injuries have been sustained due to dangerous and defective roadways. Such cases take time and a dedicated attention to detail. Many vital issues may not be apparent initially. Realizing and proving the cause of a wreck resulted from the road itself or road conditions contributes greatly to your case. Del Hovden can review your case and arrange for a thorough investigation into the cause of your car accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident or other vehicle accident.
DEL HOVDEN, FIGHTING FOR YOU AND DEMANDING SAFE ROADS FOR DRIVERS
It is an obligation for the state and municipality to provide safe roadways for drivers. Roads should be properly maintained, provide no surprises, offer a controlled release of information along the way, allow adequate warning of road irregularities, and give consistent messages to road users. If this is not done, serious accidents, injury and even death can result.
WHAT CONSTITUTES DANGEROUS ROADWAY DESIGN?
Road design defects derive from a wide array of causes including:
- Failure post signs to provide notification of merging traffic
- Failure to provide indication of a minimal shoulder or shoulder drop-off
- Improper signage alerting to upcoming construction zones
- Poorly marked or faded lane lines
- Improperly noted highway divisions
One major problem found everywhere that can cause serious damage to your vehicle, cause a collision and harm you in an accident is the number and severity of potholes in the roadway. With the decaying infrastructure and government’s inability to properly maintain roads, potholes can become extremely large, damaging, and dangerous. If you have been injured in an accident that was the initial result of a pothole or other roadway or infrastructure damage, we can assist you in holding the negligent party responsible, whether it was the state, a municipality or a construction company (that improperly filled a pothole).
DEFECTIVE ROADWAY DESIGN CASE EXAMPLES:
We have handled many of these types of cases, including the specific examples below. This is provided to give clients a better picture of what defective roadway design accident cases entail and results should not be expected.
- 34 year old motorcyclist was deceived by a defective road design constituting a “trap” which had been the site of a number of prior auto accidents, for which the county had received ample prior notice. He collided with an automobile at the intersection, which he did not see and sustained serious injuries. Result: seven figures.
- Family of four – mother, father, and two children-crossed a street in front of a school on “Back to School” night. A car struck and killed the 6 year old daughter; the father was seriously injured. Our investigation determined that prior accidents had occurred at this same intersection constituted a defective road design and thus a dangerous condition of public property. Neighbors and school officials had asked on many occasions to have a signal installed to protect pedestrians. A wrongful death and personal injury lawsuit filed against county road department for dangerous public road condition. After we won an appeal against the county, the case settled one week before trial was scheduled to begin. Result: seven figures.
If you believe your car accident was the result of defective roadway design, contact us immediately! Let us help you determine the quickest and proper course of action to take in seeking full compensation for your losses. Trusted and experienced personal injury lawyer Del Hovden will use his vast experience to help you get the help you need and the absolute best compensation you deserve. Contact us today at 877-959-6606 for a free initial consultation.